A Discreet Solution for a Straighter Smile
Many patients hesitate to seek orthodontic treatment for fear of painful metal wires and brackets of traditional braces. Thankfully, ClearCorrect® is a revolutionary treatment that can straighten your teeth with less hassle.
At Corner Stone Dental, our dentist in Swansea, IL is proud to offer this unique orthodontic solution to patients in Belleville, Shiloh, and Fairview Heights. Read on to learn how Dr. Randall Wilson can provide you with customized clear aligner treatment.
What Is ClearCorrect®?
ClearCorrect aligners are a customized orthodontic solution that can straighten your smile in half the time as traditional braces. This removable appliance is virtually invisible for a discreet appearance, allowing you to smile freely without embarrassment throughout treatment. Our orthodontist in Swansea, IL will ensure your aligners fit perfectly in your mouth for a comfortable way to guide your teeth into proper alignment.
Dr. Wilson may recommend Clear Aligners for patients looking to correct:
- Various types of bite occlusion
- Misaligned teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Unevenly spaced teeth
Benefits of ClearCorrect®
ClearCorrect offers several advantages over braces, such as:
- Easy Maintenance: Maneuvering around metal wires can be a challenge. With clear aligners, patients can remove them before brushing and flossing for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Natural Appearance: Metal wires and brackets can take a toll on your self-image, but clear aligners allow your beautiful smile to shine through.
- No Dietary Restrictions: Because ClearCorrect aligners are removable, you can enjoy all the foods you love without worrying about damaging your appliance.
- Fewer Trips to the Dentist: Clear aligners don’t require frequent tightening appointments like traditional braces.
- Improved Oral Health: Because braces can make oral hygiene difficult, patients with clear aligners tend to have better oral health.
How Does ClearCorrect® Work?
Your journey to a straighter smile begins with an initial consultation with Dr. Wilson, where he’ll evaluate your teeth and jaws to determine if ClearCorrect is best suited for your oral health needs. If approved for clear aligner treatment, our Swansea dentist will take digital X-rays of your oral makeup. He’ll then send them to a ClearCorrect lab, where the technicians will use these scans as blueprints in creating your aligners.
Once we receive your aligners, you’ll return to our Swansea, IL office for a fitting appointment. Dr. Wilson will ensure the aligners fit as they should. Each set of aligners is worn for about two weeks for 20 to 22 hours each day. You’ll come back to our dental office every four to six weeks to receive your next sets of aligners. We’ll also evaluate your treatment’s progression during these appointments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Treatment with ClearCorrect typically takes between eight and 14 months to complete. This time frame may vary depending on your oral health and orthodontic needs. Our dentist in St. Clair County will provide you with an accurate treatment timeline at your initial consultation.
Not at all! While it’s normal to experience mild soreness in the first few weeks of treatment, any discomfort will fade as you grow used to your aligners. After this, you won’t feel any pain while wearing ClearCorrect. Unlike metal braces, you won’t have to worry about getting poked with irritating metal wires.